Cujo

Hey Blogdramedy, I obviously missed the boat on playing this time around, but I wanted to ask you if this sort of post would have been ok.  Could you have tolerated 10 days of woofing from 10 different dogs?

————————————————————————————-

A car drives by:

Woof, woof woof!

A Bird flies by:

Woof woof woof!  Woof woof!

A rabbit runs through the yard:

Very loudly now – Woof woof, woof woof woof!  woo woo woof!

The wind blows:

Woof woof, woof woof woof!

A child runs past the fence:

Woof woof woof!!  Woof!  Woof!!!

A Neighbor enters the yard yelling, “Cujo, shut the fuck up!  Quit barking!”

Cujo mauls neighbor to death.

News crew interviews neighbor, “Are you surprised?”

Neighbor: “Oh yes!  That dog kept to himself and seemed so happy.  We’d say hi from time to time and that was about it.  I’m shocked that this could happen in this neighborhood”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Cujo

1. Blogdramedy says:

*snort* Perfect. It got my tail wagging. I may be running BlogFestivus again this December. If so, please join in.

2. xtrememom says:

Don, I’ve just decided to join in on this crazy canine writing challenge and it’s all your fault for planting the seed in my head with this post!!

I’ll try not to bite YOU when I get frustrated. 😉

3. Oy Vey! This sounds just like a day in the life of my friend who works in animal control. Of course, in the dog’s defense, the mauled neighbor probably shouldn’t have been poking at the dog.

4. This was by far Teddy’s favorite post you’ve written.

5. The Cutter says:

If I ever have a son, I’m gonna nickname him Cutter Junior and call him Cujo.

6. Katia says:

This is brilliant. Neighbours, I tell you, they’re what’s wrong with the world today.

You are very funny, Don of all trades. 🙂

7. Katie says:

I see you’ve met my dog…

Hilarious in one respect. Scary and true in another.

9. Perfect & hilarious! 🙂 Woof!

10. Omigosh! This is hilarious! It’s brilliant. You seem to always be able to reduce things to their most base denominator. And I mean that as a compliment.

{Meanwhile, are you my friend Jeff from high school? You can tell me. He likes to heckle me, too.}

FYI: I just sent your handwritten letter to my son at camp! Look for your letter to be featured at my place soon. Very soon. I loved it, Don. Really. 😉

11. Pingback: The Versatile Blogger Award | mummy flying solo

12. Nobody ever sees it coming.

13. flyingplatypi says:

I’m in the misdts of puppy training… This makes perfect sense.

Hugs!

Valerie

Home from holidays. You would think my youngest would now be satisfied. Wrong. Now I am struggling for time on the lap top as she scours it for our new puppy! As a result I am strangely drawn to all things canine at the moment, including this post of yours. The thought of a yappy puppy……