I was feeling burned out (burnt out?) on this blogging stuff Monday, but feel pretty ok about sneaking a shitty, ill-conceived post right up your big fat reader today. Lucky you, right?

My desire to blog vacillates from day to day. I hate it incredibly one day but feel giddy to want to post something the next. I’m not giddy right now, but I’ve been giddy to post something before. That’s normally when I post a royal piece of shit about nothing, like this one you’re reading here.

I think Monday I didn’t feel like posting something new or doing much of anything because I had a promotional test on my mind. Like a dumbass, I decided at the last minute to participate so that I wouldn’t feel guilty about bitching about something that I didn’t even take part in, because I’m mature like that. It’s a typical government entity test that’s meant to be “fair” for everybody. By fair, it’s meant to give stupid people a chance to get promoted over more qualified and better suited applicants so that your local police or fire or whatever city department is as much a clusterfucked stereotype as you’ve come to expect as a tax paying citizen.

I completely fucked it up because my brain went ahead and disregarded everything I’d told it to retain and replaced it with funny cat memes that I’ve seen on the internets over the last few months.

How could I possibly retain an outline of all the brilliant probing questions and follow up suggestions I meant to discuss during a subordinate role playing exercise when this crap pops into my head?

3a0fd3dcc37480cec11de51a57e71b59

Or this crap?

funnycats-50001Thank you, Arden, for your cat related distractions causing me to test so poorly that they almost made me turn in my gun and badge because “special” people shouldn’t be carrying guns. I was eventually able to prove to the powers that be that I am most certainly not special and they’ve agreed to let me be for now.

Aside from random cat memes popping into my brain, I’d also forgotten to bring a watch to my timed tests as well as the glasses that I now rely on and had placed on the nightstand five inches from my fucking pillow the night before so that I wouldn’t forget them when I woke up. I normally keep them on the kitchen island near my other crap but had them in the bedroom so I could find my wife’s vag….haha! No, that’s nasty. So that I could read a little bit and not forget them in the morning. Whelp, I forgot ’em!!

It’s over with though, and that’s a good thing. I’ll get ’em next time I’m sure!!

While walking back to my office though, I saw this:

CHRoofLast Saturday, when the tornadoes were supposed to be coming to town, the wife saw this rooftop from a live news feed and noted that it was a pretty building, then asked what it was.

Well, of course I had no fucking idea until I saw it this morning.

It’s the courthouse in downtown St. Louis.

The courthouse that I’ve literally walked in and out of hundreds and hundreds of times in my recent life. I’ve probably seen it thousands of times.

Didn’t have a clue what it was though.

Maybe I should go turn in this gun after all.

This entry was posted in Humor, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Can’t think of a funny title because this is just one of those dumb posts to be posting…

1. Carrie Rubin says:

Someone needs a hug. But don’t look at me. I hate hugs.

You’re welcome Don!!! 🙂

3. Katie says:

I have those burnt-out days, too. It’ll pass.

Well obviously you’ve never seen it. You’ve been inside of it, not on top of it! Duh.

And your poor wife. I’m sure that won’t be the last time I say that.

5. My husband came home one day on his lunch hour, and I thought, “Oh, that’s so nice! He’s popped in to see his sister and nephews while he can!” Nope. Forgot his glasses. Wore his prescription shades all mornin. lol — you are not alone.

I can relate to the building thing, I really can. Especially municipal buildings. We don’t see them THAT WAY.

Sending you cyber hugs, Don. Get some sleep!

Pretty good post for something shoved up my Reader, Don. By the way, I really want you to get that promotion if it means more fodder for your rants and raves. Also, you may want to invest in one of those chains that keeps your glasses attached to your neck, just to wear on the nights before a promotional test. Oh, wait, a watch can go around your wrist, and you forgot that, too. Finally, may you only see that stately St. Louis courthouse from your side of the aisle.

• Hahaha, your reader is fast becoming one of my favorites, sir! I’m so new to glasses that I’m still learning the ins and outs. I haven’t forgotten them totally yet, so of all the days, that was the thing. Sadly, I can see that building when I look out some windows of my own building.

7. Yeah, yeah, you’re special, whatever.
    On an unrelated note: why is the community at the bottom of the page populated only by young ladies? I saw the title to the right of it “Top Clicks” and for a moment thought it said “Top Chicks”. I thought, “Wow, Don has a group of top chicks? I don’t remember seeing that widget on my dashboard. Maybe I ought to upgrade.” Then I saw that it said “Top Clicks” and saved myself $30 or whatever the upgrade costs. It’s still a nice community you’ve got going for yourself though.

• A Top Chicks thing would be awesome!

I don’t know why so many men find me repugnant that they won’t follow me or won’t comment for sure. Except for you, sir. You’re one of the good ones. And wife reads your comment and says, “Hey, he does have a lot of lady followers!” I’ll be sure to thank you!

The ratio of female to male bloggers is like 1million:1 dear, that’s just the math!

Sometimes we all forget to look up.
    Great post!
    No, not really but I’m trying to be supportive of your dumb ass.

9. djmatticus says:

You don’t need to turn in your gun just because you didn’t recognize the building… but, you know, perhaps you should be wearing your glasses more… seems like they are useful things to have around.

(Yes, I know, I know… difference between distance and reading glasses, but then this joke doesn’t work…. What do you mean the joke didn’t work anyway?)

Ah Don I would have always said you were a little bit special. Mind you even if you’re well prepared for failure it still sucks. Here’s hoping. ( hoping you get it that is). Even more annoying than not getting it, is people commenting such as, “Oh well it may actually work out for the best”.

11. You got distracted by cats? Teddy will be thrilled to hear that. And it seems that you’re kind of turning into a blond as well….

12. goldfish says:

My reader isn’t fat. It’s proportionately sized.

13. AY! Well, you sure did have a rough day. Thank you for clarifying that the reason you needed your glasses was…NASTY. At least your day made it for an interesting post.

14. Mental Mama says:

At least you didn’t burn the green beans. Did you know it’s possible to burn green beans? Yeah, me either.

15. mck1996 says:

I haven’t lived in St. Louis in almost six years.  Recognized that building immediately.  Feel good?

________________________________

16. bethteliho says:

Frankly, I’m thrilled you have a badge and gun. You seem much smarter and more relatable than the douche canoes I’ve come to expect from my tax dollars. 🙂
    Cat memes take up 90% of my brain pie graph. The other 10% is “everything else”, all squished nice and cozy.

Hilarious! What test were you taking???

18. I know what you meam about the blogging thing. I also am confused by learned/learnt and burned/burnt and apparently I have a linguistics degree. I’m going to figure this shit out. It bugs me.