Easing back to funny…

I’m not inspired to write anything funny right now.

I’m feeling a little under the weather and my last post was such a buzzkill, so nothing is really funny to me at this moment.

I’ve decided that I’m going to resist the urge to revamp this ridiculous blog though.

I considered turning it into something that people apparently really want to read instead of a bunch of tripe about what I’m wanting to write.

I’ve not posted anything for a few days and I’m still getting more views on my most recent sad post each day than I have on any of my usual type posts ever.

Ever by a long shot!

I don’t want to embarrass myself by admitting how few views I actually get on my blog, but my best day before last week was exactly 200 views.

This most recent post had a best day of nearly 1700 views for that one post alone.

I didn’t do anything differently, but a couple of friends did share it on Facebook (which is rare) and it took off from there. I guess that’s the power of social media.

It’s been viewed almost 2500 times according to this WP stat site, and that’s a lot for one of my posts, even if it isn’t when compared to others out there.

In three days, it’s been viewed 10 times more than the next closest post I’ve written.

So, thanks to those of you who shared that post with others. I ended up reading it a couple more times myself, and I guess it was a nice perspective that most normal police officers wouldn’t probably share, even if they thought the same thing. It’s not manly to show feelings or something like that.

So I was thinking, briefly, that if I just wanted to get some traffic to my blog and not worry about writing what I felt like writing, I could share tales about mocking the homeless and the elderly, kicking puppies or drowning kittens.

I mean everyone likes the elderly!

903319_10200900615827911_834339295_o

Yeah, the one on the left is the grandma who was a dick one night.

Oh the uproar there’d be in the blogosphere were it learned that somebody was posting about dead kittens!

Single women everywhere would stop checking for nonexistent messages in their online dating site inboxes to read about dead kittens on my site while snuggling their own Mr. Sprinkles and having a good cry.

My views would be through the roof!

Alas, that’s not me; I don’t want to write about kittens, even especially dead kittens.

So, this post is more of a getting myself back into the swing of things number. I hope to be myself again soon.

I did try to drum up some funny content by leaving the house.

I even took the kids to the zoo. We made the in-laws tag along to ease our burden. Oh, and we love them and enjoy their company, too, of course.

Uh, where’s G$? We said that alot!

IMG_4968

There he is! He was off on a bench cramming raisins down his throat.

IMG_5008

I thought surely one of the kids would bless me with something funny that I’d just have to write about, right?

Wrong.

Instead, we just had a nice time with the animals.

See. We saw some elephants.

Elephants poop really big poops!

Elephants poop really big poops!

And some ass.

images (20)

Source: Fugly.com

And more ass.

Ass ahoy!

Ass ahoy!

And many other critters too.

IMG_4986

There's a bear somewhere back there.

There’s a bear somewhere back there.

This fella or dame, maybe, is a capybara. It’s like a giant guinea pig or something.

IMG_5022

The new seal exhibit was pretty cool, too.

Seal!

Seal!

Seal exhibit.

IMG_4979

Then we colored some eggs and called it a day.

Ace.

Ace.

This entry was posted in Family, Humor, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Easing back to funny…

1. rebecca2000 says:

That post was very good. I do like your funny bone. Though… I think you owe me a post soon as you made me a promise.

• Lol, you said bone! I owe you a post? Do tell! Is this t word related, because I don’t know that you kept your promise by the spirit of the law. If yes, what do I owe you, again? Could be fun!

• rebecca2000 says:

I did too. Other people mentioned it but not I. Actually you talked about it in comments but that was you. You said you would make a PG rated post dedicated to me. I, on the other hand, haven’t posted about the t thing. So today is the last day. So tomorrow’s post guns will come ablazing.

• Oh boy. A pg post dedicated to you? that doesn’t sound like something I’d say! I don’t know where to begin! So like a second verbal shrine sort of thing on my blog, or something that I give you to put on your blog? I guess I’ll do my penance, if I said that crap…

• rebecca2000 says:

You did. See what happens when you post drunk? 😉 No you said you would make one on your blog.

2. 1tric says:

Hey buzzkill, your post had more views than i’ve had since I started!!! Nearly. Now i’m feeling miserable! I’m trying to remind myself its the joy of writing! Ah well at least your still thinking and back to blogging. I thought you were off having a life when you didn’t post!

• It IS the joy of writing, but I admit, I’ve become addicted to a few likes and comments here and there too!! Honestly, as long as my blogging buddies still read me, I’m happy! Lol.

3. I did love the entry about your fellow officers, and those damn things you refer to as “feelings”. As someone told me the other day though, they don’t mind reading some sappy, mopey shit from me everyone once in awhile, but they like it when I get back to my more humorous stuff. You’re funny as hell, so I will be waiting with baited breath to read some more hilarious crap. Oh, and you surpass my views–the most I have ever had in one day was 60, so I really suck hind tit!! 🙂

4. It’s like I could see the exact moment when you turned off March Madness and turned on the Lifetime Movie Network. Actually, it was a nice tribute and a brilliant change of pace. Just don’t let your fame go to your head – it might block out the Bug Light-inspired rants brewing in there.

5. whinybaby says:

I can’t believe you got over 2,500 views ON ONE POST and are still bemoaning your lack of blog popularity. I might as well just close up shop.

6. Katie says:

I had an experience similar to yours with the buzzkill post the first time I posted anything about my weight loss. It can’t help but be tempting to consider changing your blog’s premise, but I’ve continued doing what I like to do, and I’m glad I did. I like having a blog that covers many different topics–from the humorous to the serious.

7. Amber Perea says:

If one doesn’t step out and say that life isn’t funny all of the time then how can we view them as human? Being human and identifying with a blogger is what keeps us reading. Me, at least. I love your humor and your perspective, but I am glad you stepped outside of your “box”, too (yep, I said box) and showed us a different side of you! 🙂

PS- your family is adorable! 🙂

• Ha, you did say box! Lol.

It’s hard to take a post serious with Mr. Potatoe head staring at you, but I’m happy to hear your comments as well as those of others. I’m just going to write what I want when I want, and poop on anyone that doesn’t like it!!

Thanks again!

8. Mancakes says:

At least 700 of those views were me checking to see if you’d gotten it out of your system… 🙂 Mr. Trades, you post what YOU want, when you want. It’s your personality and writing that keeps us all coming back. Heck, you could write about the virtues of burnt toast or an essay on that juice that oozes out of blisters and we would all love it. It’s the man behind the magic, even if he has ‘real’ days.

9. Roxie the Outlaw says:

I think that if you write what you WANT to write instead of what you think other people want to READ then you’re on the right path. Which speaks for itself by the number of views your previous post had. Keep up sharing from your heart – I for one enjoyed reading it!