This post is for my blogging cohorts and won’t make sense to the 12 of you who follow me outside of WordPress (i.e. my lovely wife who may ask at dinner tonight if these awards include any sort of monetary presentation…uh, no, sorry dear.)
I’ve been presented with an award before and once I did a half assed job of trying to respond so I consider that one a fail that must be done over now that I’m a little more comfortable with how blogging works. I’m so sorry to whoever nominated me before when I couldn’t get around to responding!
I like that I’ve been recently nominated for two of these awards by fairly different styled bloggers. One blogger is more in your face and clearly enjoys the “F” word. In fact, motherfucker is her answer to a question she created for herself as to what her favorite curse word is!
The other blogger is more introspective and careful in her responses and I’ll start with her.
Thank you so much to A.J. Goode at A Good One for nominating me for a Leibster Award! A.J has three kids, just like moi and is a former hairdresser. Who doesn’t love hairdressers? Mona Lisa Vito was a hairdresser in My Cousin Vinny for God’s sake!
Anyway, her story about overcoming a very serious accident is touching and I wish her the best in her goal to have a novel she’s working on (you’re working on it, right) finished AND accepted for publication by June 21, 2014!
Now, on to business here. There are rules, first and foremost, and they are as follows:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. – Done
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. – Fuck! I didn’t realize I had to create 11 questions and come up with facts about myself! This is going to take longer than I’d hoped.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. – Christ, even more work…I should have read this first.
- Display the Liebster Award logo. – Easy enough.
- No tag back thingys.- I don’t know what this means, so I assume we’re good with it.
Ok now, 11 facts about myself…hmmmm.
- Yes, I am currently paying too much for my car insurance.
- I am currently a commissioned police officer and a licensed attorney at the same time. I’m a lawyer who can carry a gun. This seems to confuse people to no end for some reason.
- I have three kids. For purposes of this blog they are Ace, Cool and G$. (Lots of new followers may not know this)
- I live in Missouri. Not the uber urban liberal part or the way out rural red part, but in the middle somewhere.
- I once tried to be a cat owner (I was single and living alone – Good God the stereotypes!) but it didn’t work out. When I say I’ll never own a cat, I can at least say that I tried for several hours and failed.
- I’ve never taken a weeklong vacation anywere but to a beach. Why a human being would vacation in the snow or where there is no sun and ocean is a mystery to me.
- My favorite numer is 9, but sometimes it’s 8.
- Not for any good reason, but I don’t have any tattoos or piercings.
- I’m the oldest of four boys, one of whom only lived a few hours. We all have names that start with a D.
- My butt has a crack in it. Hahahahaha!! Shut up.
Ok, now here are the questions that Ms. Goode asked of her nominees (hang in there readers!)
- If you could be a superhero, what power would you want? -Hmmm…X-Ray vision would be pretty cool for the perv in me, and also useful as a police officer, but I’m going to go with being able to expand my body like that Fantastic 4 guy. You’re welcome, wife!
- Coke or Pepsi? – I was always a Pepsi guy, but a Coke in the morning used to be the best. Now I’m an ice tea drinker and don’t care which soda a restaurant serves. I’m going to say Coke though since it tastes better with Jack.
- What do you believe in? – Ghosts. For real, we had one at our old house. She used to take care of Ace when Ace was a baby and freak the dog out.
- Who inspires you? I don’t know about inspires, but I’m always impressed with people who can move me with words, whether it be a song or a poem or other.
- Are you an Old Soul or Young at Heart? Totally a young heart but I cherish the past and traditions too.
- What was your first job? I started making pizzas at a St. Louis joint called Imos when I was 15.
- Pick your own question here…..Ok, Do you like Feta cheese? Yes.
- What is your dream car? Currently, a limo so that I can roll that divider thing up when the kids won’t shut the fuck up. That would change to a Ferrari once it’s just the wife and I cruisin’ to the beach Christy Brinkley style.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? If it had meat in it, I might say salad, believe it or not. Just to be safe though, I’m picking pizza.
- Dog person or cat person? See above. Sorry kittens.
- What one place would you like to visit before you die? Italy.
Now to pick 11 blogs. I’m going to do more than 11 and I’m picking all female blogger blogs for this one just because I can! I’m picking mostly randomly and looking at people who’ve followed me for more than a month, even though, if you’re reading this and I follow your blog, I love it too! Please don’t hate me if yours isn’t listed! If you have over 200 followers, I don’t think I’m supposed to pick you anyway.
- http://thoughtsofalunatic.com/ – Her story is incredible. It’s not something everyone will be able to stomach for sure, but I think she can help others. She’s been through a lot already and her best years are yet to come.
- http://ardenrr.wordpress.com – She’s addicted to someecards and is a funny paralegal. No brainer.
- http://aliciabenton.wordpress.com/ – She’s funny and trying to raise two boys. I like watching people try to raise sons, what can I say?
- http://ksujulie.wordpress.com – I’m not even sure why I like her blog. She likes Kansas State for God’s sake.
- http://fatbottomgirlsaidwhat.wordpress.com – Another person who lives in Kansas, presumably on purpose. Her relationship trainwrecks are fun to follow.
- http://sassandbalderdash.com/ – Call her Katie, not Kate. Geez…
- http://mythoughtsonapage.com/ – She’s both thoughtful and funny which helps make up for her being Irish. A real Irish person who lives in Ireland! Cork, Ireland!
- http://staggeringduck.wordpress.com – Filterless and funny. Sounds like somebody I know.
- http://rantandrollallnight.com – She does stand up comedy and played competitive badminton! How cool is that??!! The standup, not the badminton.
- http://journeyintothespectrum.wordpress.com/ and http://fakingpictureperfect.wordpress.com/ and http://ihaveanopinionidliketoshare.wordpress.com/ and http://whinybaby.wordpress.com/ – It’s my blog and if I want to clump four blogs together because I like the bloggers then I will. They’ve been with me a while and for some reason still are.
- http://momticks.com – Another person raising sons; that she hasn’t seen a Godfather movie makes me want to slap her, but she’s cool otherwise.
- http://mzamenski3.wordpress.com/ – I picked this one on purpose just to be nice. I know her in real life and she and her children drive me fucking bonkers. I hate them like they were my own blood. Most of her posts will no doubt mention her oldest daughter. She’s got that there Asperger’s and will let you know when you’re pissing her off.
So now here are 11 questions for my nominees:
- If you could introduce your husband or boyfriend to someone and had to tell his occupation during the introduction, what would you want that occupation to be?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- Favorite professional sports team?
- City in the USA not named New York, Boston, LA, Dallas, Chicago or Miami that you’d like to visit?
- Vacation time! Where do you go if it can be anywhere?
- What’s a regret you have that sometimes eats at you?
- You can change one thing about your husband/boyfriend. What is that thing?
- When’s the last time you were drunk?
- What would you do for a Klondike bar?
- If you could…if Jesus insisted that you murder one person, who would it be (I’m excluded please) –
- Best thing you’ve ever eaten?
A new blogger friend, http://sassypanties.wordpress.com nominated me for a Sunshine Award. I may try to get to that another day, but please read her funny stuff. She curses like a sailor, but that’s ok.