Finish the sentence friday again. you tube clips so that’s cool, right?

Well alright, it’s another Finish The Sentence Friday and I’ve Finished Several Bud Light Limes watching the Blues play, so I’m going to participate again.

You bloggers should join us sometime. I do it now, so it’s obviously pretty cool.

Click here to play along.

This week’s sentence to be finished is a twofer for your holiday or near holiday pleasure.

1. ย Right now, I am thankful for…, OR

2. ย When I think of the word pilgrim, I think…

I don’t appreciate being given multiple choices as making decisions blows.

I guess the obvious choice is the I’m thankful for post because then I could just post pictures of those I love and that I’m thankful for, such as this:

Thank you, Dillons!

Thank you, Dillons!

And Ace:

Ace and her pup...

Ace and her pup…

And Cool:

WTF?

WTF?

And this:

Oh yeah...

Oh yeah…

And of course, G$:

My hoodrat...

My hoodrat…

Then I’d add a picture of the wife as well, because I’m thankful for her too, but I think she’s tired of being pictured on the blog this month, so no.

That’s too obvious though, so let’s run with the when I think of pilgrims, I think of…sentence.

So when I think of pilgrims I think of pilgrims I guess. Or what we all assume pilgrims look like, which is this:

How am I not an artist for a living?

How am I not an artist for a living?

This piece of shit still hangs at my mom and dad’s house 30 plus years after it was created. It doubled as my Abraham Lincoln painting too, because I was resourceful like that back then. It’s uncanny, isn’t it?

I also think about John Wayne, of course. Who wouldn’t?

Haha, all that pilgrim stuff is great! So that all reminds me of this:

Why Johnny Ringo!! That’s good shit right there.

And Tombstone is one of my favorite movies, and it reminds me of another of my old favorites movies, Roadhouse.

Remember Roadhouse? Patrick Swayze the skinny ass kicking bouncer and all that?

Well, Patrick Swayze reminds me of this:

And Chris Farley reminds me of food.

So pilgrims remind me of food, and that makes sense because Thanksgiving is all about food.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

This entry was posted in Family, Humor, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Finish the sentence friday again. you tube clips so that’s cool, right?

1. The Bud Light had me totally jealous right about now and by the end you just made me want to drink and eat a ton. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving to me. So Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!!

2. One heck of a stream of consciousness Thanksgiving post. John Wayne. Chris Farley and a 30 year old piece of art. Cute kids and puppy too. Wishing you all a great turkey day.

“I’m your huckleberry” has to be one of my favorite movie lines EVER. In fact, when I say it, in real life, and people are like “huh?” I immediately know that they are unworthy assholes who have never lived, for a living. HAHAH to your parents still having your art on the wall. That will so be me, in 30 years, with Tucker’s crappy art, all over the house. Because you know, I’m thankful for it. For him. For life and art. And you rock for doing it this way, as in the perfect way.

4. Don–what a fun little ride! How you can segue from John Wayne to Chris Farley so perfectly is just a gift. A gift for people like me.

And now pilgrims make me think of Val Kilmer.

5. Ned's Blog says:

I’ll tell ya, pilgrim, that was a mighty fine piece a work, wha-ha wha-ha. (Sorry, but if you could hear me, you’d be very impressed with my John Wayne).

And I have to say, that Patrick Swayze/Chris Farley as Chippendales dancers skit is one of my all time SNL favorites.

Thanks for the spiraling trip through thankfulness, and have a wonderful holiday ๐Ÿ˜‰

YES! Thank you for the Chippendale’s video. That never fails to cheer me up ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Your Lincoln pilgrim also looks Amish. I know you like to stay humble about your multi-cultural sensibility, but sometimes it just seeps through.

8. I Am Jasmine Kyle says:

My ears,
    Dogma
    You look OH so charming guzzling your lime beer! LOL CHEERS!

9. Tombstone is one of my favorite movies too! This was an awesome post. Love your humor!

10. I’m thankful for. . . .TOILET PAPER!!! Because, seriously, corn cobs and leaves cannot feel good.

11. djmatticus says:

“Have you ever seen anything like that?”
    “Hell, I’ve never even heard of anything like that?”
    “So, where is he (DOAT)?”
    “Down by the creak, walking on water…”

12. Dana says:

That was like reading When You Give a Mouse a Cookie, only better. The Chippenddales skit is awesome; so sad that both of those men are gone.

13. LOL – You just demonstrated why I don’t sleep! My brain keeps going around in circles much like yours just did. And I definitely thought that was Abraham Lincoln! ๐Ÿ˜‰ [#FTSF]

14. You can never post enough pictures of your wife. Trust me woman love that stuff. As for Tombstone we visited there. OMG. Wrote a post but am wayyy to lazy to dig back and look for it. Happy hol’s pilgrim.

15. rmanea says:

Its 5 o’clock somewhere! Time for a beer!

16. ksujulie says:

You’re so sweet to respect your wife when she says no more pictures on the blog. I just post them of Scott without even asking. Ha.

Don, I have been thinking about this Friday post of yours. Your family indeed is much to be thankful for. But I was feeling a little bad for you that your wife is kind of tired of you posting her picture. Then the reason hit me. Every time you share with us a picture of your lovely wife, you very rightly point out how you married up. How do you think all of tho those reminders that she married down make her feel, Don?!

18. Tarana says:

With a beautiful family like that, I’m sure there’s a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for my ‘pilgrim’ education – this is so much more fun than reading on Wikipedia!

That was a circuitous and hilarious way to get to the fact that you not only like to drink, but also like to stuff your face with food. Well done, Don. I feel like you really let us inside today. I feel so much closer to you now.

20. Excellent work here, Don. Not sure what my favorite photo was- the super adorable ones of your kids, the obvious choice- the beer swigging one-, or the “piece of shit” artwork. Good stuff.

21. Kudos to Chris for agreeing to even stand on stage with Patrick. Anyone sharing the stage with him would shine a wee bit less brighter. First time for me to see that SNL bit – loved it. I might have to rewatch it oh 6 or 38 more times to make sure I don’t miss anything. Loved the Johny Ringo clip too. Funny to see a young Kurt Russel there – Goldie must have been just off camera? Of course, the best of the best was the John Wayne clip. Yes, great minds do think alike.

22. Oh VERY nice loop back into the original ๐Ÿ™‚ A great post of thankful. And I have the exact same bandanna as G, which is cool ๐Ÿ˜€

23. Katia says:

You are hilarious and versatile just like your pilgrim/Lincoln.. You made me laugh through a very serious case of sleep deprivation. “You funny” is basically all I’m capable of at the moment, but you is.

24. OK, the pilgrim painting had me doubled over laughing. I love your take on this, Don. You’re funny. How else can you say it? You’re funny.

25. I really like all your thankfuls, haha. All the photos are great. And Bud? haha. I admit…I like my Chocolate Bock better. ๐Ÿ˜‰

26. bethteliho says:

omg, love me some tombstone, “I’ve got two guns, one for the each of you.” We quote that movie so much, and people just stare at us. That happens a lot actually. With Raising Arizona, too. That reminds me of a story. Once my youngest (was about 4yo at the time) cut his thumb real bad and needed stitches. We were at the hospital and they gave him some sort of “happy juice” to stone him up real good first. While we were awaiting the stitches the hubs and I were making our son (who was majorly stoned) say stuff from the scene in Young Guns when they got high on Peyote. We taped it on our iphone (still have it!). So there’s our poor baby with his thumb bandaged, slurring, “butterflllly flyyyy” and “look at the size of that chicken!”

Yeah. We didn’t get parents of the year that year. But we laughed. A lot. We still watch it.

Omg that picture you drew/painted? is awesome! Yes pilgrims=food. Mostly. Unless you want to get all political and start looking at real history and shit. You’re awesome – hope you have a fantastic holiday!

28. Bahaha, love it, great post. Hey, it’s not a piece of shit – if I ever created something like that I’d be enormously proud of it, even thirty years later. Particularly impressed that you managed to double it as Abraham Lincoln; very resourceful indeed. Love the pic with the Bud – I think they should be sending you a carton of free ones for advertising for them ๐Ÿ™‚

29. canigetanotherbottleofwhine says:

This could be subtitled, If You Give Don a Pilgrim Picture…. I was cracking up at the pilgrim picture. I had to explain it all to my husband because I was laughing so hard. It’s totally Abe Lincoln. So funny!

Don, Because you are smart enough to put “master of none” in a really small type size up to of your blog (and many other reasons):

I wws laughing so hard at Abe, the neighbor’s dog started barking (the walls are that thin).

Happy Thanksgiving!

32. Aussa Lorens says:

Hahaha that was a fun little mind tangent to follow along!

33. djmatticus says:

Hey, are comments turned off on your newest post? Or, am I just an idiot?
    Also, feel free to delete this comment.

34. Nice blog here! Also your web site loads up very
    fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate
    link to your host? I wish my web site loaded
    up as quickly as yours lol

35. It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable peoppe for this topic, but you seem
    like you know what you’re talking about!Thanks